So first impressions: incredible! Seriously, there are some stunning clothes for sale at the markets. I immediately shoved handfuls of money at the nearest vendors, completely sucked in to the allure of a unique piece and a great bargain.
I ended up buying way more than I had planned, but the great thing about it was everything was super cheap so if I didn't like something I had bought when I got it home I wouldn't feel guilty about donating it.
The atmosphere was super relaxing. It wasn't your usual crowded, anxiety inducing shopping experience. It felt more like a folk festival. People were stopping to chat and sitting down to eat (the food was delicious, I had a raw peanut butter fudge protein ball - yum!) while a DJ played some cool tunes in the background. I could have stayed for hours... well, I did.
It had me really inspired to actually participate in the event myself. There were so many different things for sale, I think putting together a stall would be relatively easy. I could offhand old clothes, sell some art, meet some cool people and take home some cash. Perfect.
Basically, the Gilles Street Markets (any market, I assume, I'm definitely going to seek them out from now on) are perfect for a relaxing little Sunday treat. I think this is going to be my go-to for any future shopping expeditions, the clothes are beautiful and it's a great way to save some money.
P.S. Getting fashion tips and inspiration from other market goers is also a great idea. May have snuck a snap of the girl on the right who has inspired a new hair cut!

No comments:
Post a Comment